Thursday, February 12, 2009

DSP Sampler Box



I was one of the lucky ones to be able to purchase the Stampin' Up! DSP Sampler after Leadership! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of being able to show off all of SU's great DSP! However, I did not like the way they had "connected" the front cover to the back cover. It did not allow you the ability to "flip" through the papers without possibly wrecking the cover. You basically had to fan the pages out and the cover still got in the way! I wanted to keep the front and back covers though. What I did was just cut the cover on the 2 scored lines and made 2 separate covers! This allows me greater access to the papers. Then I thought, "How cute would it be to have a little holder for it!" Well I made one, and here it is! I made it out of Pink Pirouette Cardstock and some retired DSP (to match the colors of my stamp room, of course!), don't remember the name off the top of my head. I embellished it with a couple of Prima Flowers and a little center piece and wha-la!!

To make the holder you need a piece of cardstock that is 6 1/2" x 6 1/4". On the 6 1/2" side you score at 2 1/2" and again at 4". Then on the 6 1/4" side, you score at 1 1/2" and at 4 3/4".

On both of the 6 1/2" sides, you would then cut your score lines up to the vertical score line and trim off the 1 1/2" piece in the center of where you just cut but leave enough to attach to the sides when you fold it. Fold on all score lines and then bring the 6 1/4" sides up to the center and make your box. Tape where needed! It really is easy peasy!!



1 comment:

Traci G said...

This is really cute! You are a lucky duck!!!