Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1st of my National Parks Scrapbook Pages




These pages are the 1st installment of my National Parks Scrapbook. When my husband and I traveled from Oregon to Washington, back to Oregon and then all the way cross country to Florida, we took our time. 56 days and 6258 miles later......Mike had just retired from the Navy after 26 years. We were living in Okinawa when he retired, so the Navy had sent us back for him to process out of the military in Bangor Washington. During our travels back to our house in Pensacola, (after 8 months of living in Oregon trying to figure out what our next step in life was going to be), we wanted to visit as many National Parks as possible on our way. SOOOOOO...........my 1st 12 x 12 scrapbook is going to be on the National Parks! We started our venture in Washington while he was getting processed out. We spent an entire day in Mount Rainier National Park. It is one of my favorites, but then again, they are ALL my favorites! LOL. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the mountains and the trees. I'm from Oregon originally so that is what I miss most being in Florida.
My 1st page is just a cover page basically with no photos. I had ordered a National Parks scrapbooking kit online (unfortunately it was 8 1/2 x 11). I used one of the patterned papers for the main focus and then a couple punch outs on top and bottom. BG paper is SU Ruby Red.
The 2nd page is the intro page for Mt. Rainier. A beautiful shot of the mountain with Reflection Lake. The foliage was just starting to turn colors around the lake, so I mounted the photo on Summer Sun CS which is then mounted on Old Olive. The words Mount Rainer was cut using my Cricut and using Really Rust CS.
The 3rd page I'll share today are 2 more photos of the mountain from different distances, both mounted on Whisper White CS. The 3rd photos is a picture of our friend Mandy and my husband Mike sitting in her "Beamer". We had taken it for a little cruise that day. The accent papers are from DCWV's "The Travel Stack". These were all mounted on Close to Cocoa CS. I hope you enjoy my scrappy pages!! More to follow!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, Love your pages! Can't wait to see the rest. My hubby and I did a 33 day trip from NC and zig-zagged our way down the Western US visiting all the National Parks we could fit in. Hope to go again by next year. I'll be looking for ideas to scrap-lift!!!