Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Cards

Sorry I am just now posting the Christmas cards I sent out last month, but sometimes our brains just are working right! LOL ;) Especially mine! These cards are basically the same, except for the technique I used on the cardinals. Each one is different. This first one, I used the stained glass technique. Basically you stamp your image on a piece of vellum and then emboss it. I stamped mine with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. Then you turn it over and "paint" the back side with your markers! At that point you can either leave the vellum square or you can do as I did and trim around the image. I also put red glitter on the holly berries.
OK. This version I used some watercolor paper (not SU's) which I happen to have and I painted the cardinal using my SU classic ink pads and my aqua painter. I also put glitter in the holly berries.
This version, I used the same watercolor paper (which I really think was too heavy), but I used my markers straight on the WC paper. This paper is so thick, I think it tried to suck all the ink out of my markers! I had to be extremely careful not to touch it because the ink would smear extremely easy and it seemed to take forever to dry! And I thought I was being slick and cutting down on time! NOT! Needless to say when I tried to put my glitter on the first one of this version, it stuck to everything. I guess I learned my lesson, don't try and "rush" my creativity! LOL

No comments: